Monday, March 22, 2010

High Fashion: Braids and Chignons. Spring/Summer 2010

Today, I attended a "high fashion" hair styling class.  The main focus of the class, was to learn different styling techniques, based on what was featured on the runway for spring/summer 2010 in NYC. Many of these trends will be (in the salon) what are clients are asking for in the next couple of months.
There was a lot of braids and chignons. Classic styles, but all with a modern twist. Of course, I did not remember my camera, (silly me) or else I would have post the exact styles that I did on the mannequin head. (I would literally forget my head if it wasn't attached to me).
So, I am posting pics from the web. These are the closest styles, to the ones that I learned today.  All totally wearable and so feminine.
I love updating my skills each season, with educational classes and workshops......it is truly a great feeling to walk away from a class feeling re-inspired. As beauty professionals we NEED this!
Spring 2010 will be all about the "braid", and what you can do with it!

xo,
S.



3 comments:

  1. So Pretty! Glad that we are heading into a more relaxed and natural approach to styling hair with the techniques of a strong foundation. Glad you enjoyed your class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the braid is here foor another season, I love them xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. just loving the hair!! so much really loving the fact that it's here with us for spring!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin